If you have been decertified for less than three (3) years, you must meet the following criteria to be eligible for recertification:
- Have accumulated one (1) continuing professional education (CPE) credit, in accordance with the CPE policy, for every month of decertification;
- Pay the applicable recertification fee plus taxes; and
- Pay annual professional membership dues in full, plus taxes, at echima.ca.
If you have been decertified for equal to or greater than three (3) years, you must meet the following criteria to be eligible for recertification:
- Rewrite and pass the CHIM national certification examination according to the examination policy, fee structure, and rules; and
- Pay the applicable recertification fee plus taxes.
|Duration decertified||Recertification fees||Annual professional membership dues||NCE application||Total*|
|Less than (<) or equal to (=) 1 year||$125.00||$325.71||N/A||$450.71|
|Greater than (>) 1 year or equal to (=) 2 years||$200.00||$325.71||N/A||$525.71|
|Greater than (>) 2 years or equal to (=) 3 years||$275.00||$325.71||N/A||$600.71|
|Greater than (>) 3 years||$350.00||N/A||$498.00||$848.00|
Frequently asked questions
How do I determine how many CPE credits I need to submit as part of the recertification process?
To determine the number of credits required for recertification, add one CPE credit for every month you have been decertified, up to the date that you submit your recertification application form. You must have achieved these credits within the last three years.
For example, if you were decertified February 28, 2020 and apply to recertify on August 1, 2020, you are required to provide proof of 6 CPE credits.
Can I submit CPE activities that I have completed previous to applying to be recertified?
Yes, you may claim CPE activities that adhere to the CPE policy and have been completed within the three years prior to the submission of the application.