Those who are interested in being certified as a terminology standards specialist must apply using the following process:
1. Submit application and pay fee
- Applicants will be asked to create an account upon check-out.
- Existing CHIMA members must sign in before applying.
2. Pending application
The Canadian College of Health Information Management verifies each candidate’s graduation status from an accredited terminology standards program.
3. Approval email
Approved candidates will be given:
- A professional membership upgrade with CHIMA
- A professional designation (CTSS) licensed by the Canadian College of Health Information Management to use in industry (e.g., Mary Smith, CTSS)
- A direct mail package including an official certificate and CHIMA welcome letter
Candidates who have not been approved will be notified via e-mail.