CHIM international graduate pathway
To be eligible for the international graduate pathway, the Canadian College of Health Information Management (College) requires proof of graduation from an international HIM or health record science programs outside of Canada and Australia.
Step 1: Purchase the Certified in Health Information Management (CHIM) international graduate assessment for $750 + applicable taxes.
Step 2: Upon purchasing the CHIM international graduate assessment, please submit the following required supporting documentation to [email protected] to initiate the review process:
- Proof of English language proficiency (overall IELTS must be 7.0 with no individual score lower than 6.0; the College may make exceptions for applicants who studied university in an English-speaking country)
- Evidence of graduation from a HIM or health record science program at the diploma or degree level (photo or copy of the diploma/certificate)
- Official undergraduate and or graduate transcript(s)
- Course outlines for the completed program(s) of study (generally available from the graduating institution)
- Professional resume outlining HIM work experience
Step 3: The College reviews all required documentation. The time frame for review can vary depending on the number of assessments being processed.
Step 4: The College emails the candidate a letter outlining the gaps in education. Gaps must be filled by taking a formal course(s) from one or more online HIM programs accredited by the College. Once complete, a transcript confirming completion can be sent to [email protected].
Step 5: The College emails the applicant a final letter confirming eligibility to write the CHIM national certification examination.